Grills and Sizzler Festival @ The Square, Novotel

I bet there would hardly be anyone who would not love grilled food. Grills and BBQ are the heart of winters. As winter is setting in, The Square café at Novotel Hotel in Ahmedabad commenced its Grills and Sizzlers festival from 20th October 2017. It will be going on until 31st October 2017.



I am a big fan of sizzler and grilled food so, there was no way in which I was going to miss it out. Here’s what I had in this wonderful festival:


Soup: Mushroom Soup

Heavy and creamy – this soup had the feel and taste of mushrooms in every sip. I liked the rich texture of this with its minimal flavors. With basic spices, this dish was ready to tantalize your taste buds.  


Starters:

Hummus and Pita Bread: There’s nothing satisfying as perfect and velvety hummus with freshly baked pita bread. My platter had it. I loved the hummus taste. Only the pita bread was little crunchier than my taste. Yet combined with hummus, it gives you a perfect toss for starters.

Pasta Aglio Olio: Minimal spices – just some salt, black pepper, and chunks of fresh vegetables is all it takes to create this masterpiece.

Desi Fritters: Do I even need to explain it?

Sautéed Veggies: Fresh veggies tossed in light oil and everyday spices, it was perfect. The true grilled essence was very yumm!

Momos with Garlic Chutney: Yet another love of mine, these momos were perfectly steamed. The highlight was the spicy garlic chutney that stole my heart!


Assorted Vegetable Sizzler: The yumminess of this plate is beyond explanation. The vegetables were tossed and fried in a neat platter. It was drizzled with tamarind sauce to provide a tangy touch… and it stole the show.



Bhatti Masala Ka Tandoori Paneer: When there is panner (cottage cheese), you do not describe it too much. The perfect blend of Indian spices with panner and the sauce made it an equally perfect starter.

Samosa Chat: They even had live chat counter. This samosa chat was something that will really touch everyone’s taste. It had all ingredients and the hit was that nothing was overdone.



Main Course:

Garlic Naan: O Boy, it was so yummy. I never had such soft naan anywhere. For the main course, this stole my heart. (Yes once again!) The garlic was evenly spread and its softness made it a hero!
Paneer Sabzi: The paneer was soft but it was little on the sweeter side. But definitely a distinguished taste.

Desserts:

Carrot Cake: Subtle and brilliant, this cake was light on its sweetness, which I appreciate.



Brownie with Ice-Cream: Once again, does it need any introduction?

I had a gala time at Novotel. If you are someone who loves sizzlers and everything that is grilled, do visit this festival.


I thanks the staff for being courteous, efficient, and quick in their services. I also thank Hunger Hop group for hosting this meet at Novotel. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview of the Place

Cost for Two: 1500 INR

Ambiance: 4.5/5

Staff & Service: 4.5/54

Food: 4.5/5

Share your thoughts with me on cuisinesbynikita@gmail.com

Follow, Share, and Like my posts at:

Facebook - Strokes Of Pen

Instagram - @StrokesOfPen

Zomato - Nikita Dudani

Twitter - @StrokesOfPen

The Square - Hotel Novotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments