Relishing Experience – Zomato Foodies Meet at Zucchini

Zucchini has been open up recently and gauged all limelight and appreciation for right things. I have been quite intrigued to try it for some time but alas, no plans matured.

So, when Zomato held its foodies meet at Zucchini, I was more than happy to visit the restaurant. It is situated on Drive-In-Road, near Drive-In-Cinema. Being on a ground floor, it becomes an easy check-in for all age group. The name of the place ‘Zucchini’ is highlighted in dark blue. Trust me; it gives such a welcoming sight during evening hours.



It’s spacious and the furniture is spread in style to have enough way for walking, standing, and running (that’s just for children, adults, do not do that unless you have booked entire space).  The service is polite, efficiently trained, and serves you, your food with a smile.

All decked up for the event, I made my way for 8:30 PM dinner there.
…and what a dinner it was! I was full half way through the lavish spread, which was specially curated for us.

Here is what we ate… burp!


Aperitivo: Kind of welcome drink cum mocktail. I tried there Guava Mary Aperitivo. A very refreshing taste with a little bit of spice – made it perfect to sip along the delicious starters. The pulp of Guava could be felt and so the refreshing mint flavor added in it.

Breads: A dish with various types of bread such as Focaccia bread, soup sticks, buns, and pita chips were kept along with mayo and mint chutney. The freshly baked breads were soft and complimented with dips proved an excellent munching dish.



Antipasto/Starters

Platter of Goodness

We had a gorgeous platter of bruschetta breads with different toppings, olives, sun dried tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, sour cream, and feta cheese.


The sour cream and feta cheese were showstoppers of this dish. They suited well with every component on the platter. Especially with the bruschetta bread! The rest of the ingredients were slightly toasted and sprinkled with pepper that enhanced the entire look and taste of the platter.



Platter of Fried Goodness

This platter consisted of cheese balls, rolls, and fried spinach leafs with toppings. The cheese balls proved to be fresh and quite filing in sense of taste. The rolls had lots of vegetables with chili flakes, which combined with mint chutney was a lovely combination. Last, the fried spinach leafs with boondi, curd, and chutney was an interesting appetizer. I loved the uniqueness of it.



Primo: Yet another appetizer but what an appetizer

Mushroom ravioli with Pine nuts in mushroom sauce. Accompanied by homemade Focaccia bread. This was my personal favorite of the entire lot because I am crazy fan of mushrooms. The Ravioli was soft and cooked to perfection. A single cut and there it goes, melting down our food pipe. The thick sauce with a dash of crunchy pine nuts added the much-needed subtleness of flavor to the dish.  



And, what should I say about bread? Soft and fresh, it stole my heart.



Sorbetto: Anar aur Pudine Ka Gola

After such heavy and delicious dishes, I needed a break. I was so full by this time that I didn’t have space to gobble up the next upcoming dishes. In such scenario, this Sorbetto came as a refreshing dish and cleaned our palate. It was quite refreshing, cool, and loaded with Anar (pomegranate) flavor. A very colorful and inviting dish.



Secondo & Contorno /Main Course

Filled by now, I had Zucchini Jalfrezi, Kurkuri Bhindi, cheese Angoori, Roti, Dum Briyani, and Burhani Raita for main course. Lots of stuff – I know but I had capacity to have only a spoon from all of it.

I love Bhindi so all brownie points to it. The Zucchini Jalfrezi and Cheese Angoori were a brilliant twist to regular Indian subzis. The biryani was amazing. I loved the style in which it was cooked and so was the raita. If you love Indian food, I highly recommended it at Zucchini.

Forgot Pictures of it! 

Dolce/ Desserts:

I was served a huge helping of Tiramisu and Shahi Tukda. The Shahi Tukda was gorgeously topped with Rabdi and Chasni.



I had a mouthful of Tiramisu, which was dominated by coffee flavor in it. If you are a true coffee lover – this will go very well. Not too much sweet but balanced – it was a good way to end the dinner.

Digestivo

Last but not least, we had coffee shot. Coffee is coffee. I do not think, it needs any introduction.




I had a good time over there. If you love food, you should definitely visit this place. 
Zucchini Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Alana said…
You definitely can not get a meal like this where I live in the Northeast United States. I think we would call it "fusion". what an interesting blend of dishes.