This recipe is one of my dad’s favorite. I have faint memories of having it in my childhood. At that time, I think I didn’t like it that much. However, now, I made it, I grew extremely found of it.
Assuring myself that it is going to be a regular at my place. A simple and quick recipe, here’s how to make it:
- Boiled Kachalu/Arbi – ½ kg
- Tamarind – ¼ cup or as many that come in your palm
- Salt – As taste
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Boil Kachalu/Arbi till they are half done. I usually add salt with the boiling water. You can opt to add it later.
- Dice them and keep aside.
- Soak Tamarind for 4-5 hours. Squeeze it to form a thick pulp. ¼ cup of tamarind normally gives around good ½ - 1 cup pulp.
- In a serving bowl, put Kachalu/Arbi.
- Pour around 5-6 tablespoon of tamarind pulp.
- Add black pepper and salt (if not added earlier).
- Serve it!