Egg less Savory Corn Cup Cakes
Corn is ultimate ingredient of monsoon season. We all love to cherish the corn on the cob, masala chat, and other stuff. Today, I thought of giving it a twist.
So tried hands on savory cupcakes. I wanted to try them since I saw the post for pizza cupcake. Here’s the recipe for the cupcakes.
- All purpose Flour (Maida) - ¼ cup
- Baking Soda – ½ teaspoon
- Baking Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Chili Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Corn Kernels – ¼ cup
- Read made Salsa – 2 tablespoon
- Rose Essence – Few drops (Optional)
- Salted Butter – 35 gm
- Water – as required
- Oil – 1 teaspoon and for greasing
- Cupcake moulds
- Melt the butter in a bowl. Using the mixer, mix it till it becomes light and smooth.
- Sieve and Swift in the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and keep aside.
- On a pan, heat oil, add frozen corn kernels. Cook it till the water evaporates.
- Add readymade salsa and thyme. Cook it for another 2-3 minutes till salsa in well mixed and isn’t soggy. [The idea here is to make thick paste to roll in corn kernels.]
- Mix the dry batter in butter, add in water, and mix it until form a smooth consistency. Now mix, half of the corn mixture to the batter. (The consistency should be neither too thick nor too liquid(y). To test if you formed the proper consistency or not, use a spoon. If it falls easily, you are going right buddy.)
- Drop in rose essence and mix it.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C for 5-7 minutes.
- Line the cupcake liners. (I had used silicon molds and greased them with little oil)
- Pour the mixture into the cupcakes but fill only 1/3 of the mold.
- Top them with corn kernels mixture.
- Bake them at 180 C for 20-25 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.