Mint & Nutmeg Momos with Pineapple Sauce and Sundried Pineapple French Fries
When #FIASpringEnergizer strikes, your mind goes all ways to create something new. Our this week ingredients were Pineapple, Condensed Milk, Nutmeg, and Mint. With such lovely ingredients, it would be sad not to use them appropriately.
As I narrowed down to Mint & Nutmeg Momos, my mind was filled with the lovely green color, it would represent. And the lovely yellow pineapple to go with it. The colorful presentation made me curious to try it.
When I was done making them, I was happy with the color that had come. It was a exact representation of what I had thought. The lovely green color and yellow to go with it.
Here’s the recipe for it.
- Mint leaves – 10-12
- Grated Nutmeg – 1 tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – As needed
- In a grinder, put mint leaves and 2 tbsp water. Grind it to fine paste.
- In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, salt, grated nutmeg, and mint leaves paste.
- Knead it into a stiff dough by adding water as required.
- Cover with a wet cloth and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Grated Carrot – ¼ cup
- Grated Onion – ¼ cup
- Grated Potato – ¼ cup
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Dark Soya sauce – 1 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- In a pan, heat oil. Add onions and cook they are translucent.
- Next, add carrot, potatoes, and salt.
- Once they are cooked, add soya sauce, turmeric powder, and red chili powder.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes more and set it aside to cool.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Using a roll pin, flatten them.
- Fill in the mixture and give it a desired shape.
- In a steamer, steam the momos until they are cooked.
For Pineapple Sauce:
- Diced pineapples – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Grated Nutmeg – ½ tsp
- In a pan, heat the water.
- Add pineapple and cook till they are tender.
- Let the mixture cool
- In a mixer, add the pineapple mixture and grind into smooth paste.
- Transfer it into same pan and heat it.
- Add nutmeg powder and let it come to room temperature (it means, you do not have cool it completely.)
- Now add condensed milk. (It will get thick. Keep adding more, if you need thicker consistency.)
For Sundried Pineapple French Fries
- Sliced Pineapple – 10-12
- All purpose flour – 1 tsp
- Water – 1.2 tsp
- Grated nutmeg – a pinch (optional)
- Salt – as per taste (optional)
- Sundry the pineapple. To do so, keep the pineapple on a paper napkin and let the juice get absorbed.
- Cover it with paper napkin and keep it outside, under the sun.
- Re-check them, after half an hour so. This is crucial stage as 80% of the water dries by then.
- Change the paper napkin’s as they would be soggy.
- Let it sundry for another hour.
- Once dried, they will be very fragile and you could see small white patches on them. These are your sundried pineapple.
- In a small bowl, mix all purpose flour, water, grated nutmeg, and salt.
- Dip the pineapple into this and fry them.