Chocolate Cornmeal Balls
Chocolate love is forever. When chocolate slides into your mouth, it brings out the best in you. Chocolate has always been there to help humankind overcome their fears, sorrows, and cravings. We love chocolate. Period.
When that same love gives us unimagined surprise, we are sure, on Cloud 9! So why not, surprise your loved ones with something chocolaty today. Here is an interesting recipe that brings out the love for chocolate by wrapping it with something savory.
Cornmeal Chocolate Balls is easy recipe to make. It is a visual as well as stomach treat for everyone. The cornmeal, spinach and other ingredients ensures that you receive proper nutrition while, chocolate is like an added bonus to it. Here is how to do it:
- Cornmeal – 1 cup
- Chopped Green Garlic – 2 (1 ½ Tablespoon)
- Chopped Green Onion – 2 (1 ½ Tablespoon)
- Chopped Green Chili – 1
- Chopped Spinach – 7-8 leafs
- Red Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chaat Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Unsalted/White Butter – 2 teaspoon
- Dark Chocolate Pieces – 6-10 pieces
- Salt – As per taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Melted Chocolate – for garnishing
- Cornmeal – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – For frying
- In a pan, heat the unsalted butter.
- Add chopped green garlic, green onion, and green chili.
- Once they are tender; put chopped spinach and salt.
- Cook them for few minutes until spinach is soft.
- Keep the cooked mixture aside to cool it.
- In another bowl, mix cornmeal, the cooked masala, red chili powder, turmeric powder, chat masala and some salt.
- Knead it into a dough by adding water, as required.
- Make small balls and flatten them. Put chocolate pieces in each piece and once again give it ball shape.
- Roll it lightly in cornmeal and keep aside.
- Heat oil for shallow frying. Dip the balls one by one and shallow fry until they turn golden brown.
- This dish tastes best when served hot.
- In case, you are preparing for party, keep everything ready (chopped vegetables, chocolates at room temperature etc.)
- However, do note that cornmeal dough cracks easily, when kept for hours. It is advisable to prepare dough when needed.
- Serve it with fresh coriander chutney or any dip.
- You can replace chocolate with cheese to make Cornmeal Cheese Balls.
- For Cornmeal Cheese Balls, you need to use Cheddar or Block Cheese that do not melt easily