Note: This dish has been made for a contest, ‘Mother’s Recipe: Innovative Recipe Challenge.’
The contest required me to use ready-to-cook packets that were sent by Mother’s Recipe team. In the dish below, I have used Vegetable Biryani Mix. Since, these were ready-to-cook packets; the biggest challenge was to use them in an innovative way as the ingredients were pre-packed.
I used it our, Sindhi’s popular dish Bhindi Basar. Basar, is how we pronounce onions in Sindhi. Here is Bhindi Basar with a twist.
- Chopped Bhindi (Lady Finger) – 1.2 Kg
- Chopped Onion – 4 medium sized
- Mother’s Recipe Vegetable Biryani Mix – 1 packet
- Curd – 2 tablespoon
- Water – ¼ cup
- Oil – For frying & 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan and fry chopped Bhindi until it is crisp or changes color. (Do not over fry them as it will lose it taste)
- Keep the fried Bhindi aside.
- In same pan or different one, heat one-tablespoon oil.
- Add chopped onions and cook them till they are tender or translucent.
- In a bowl, mix Vegetable Biryani Mix, curd and water to for semi-thick consistency.
- Pour this mixture in the onions. Add fried Bhindi and let it cook for 5 minutes on slow flame so that it is mixed with Bhindi and Onion.
- Serve hot with roti and rice.
|© Nikita Dudani|
To know more about Mother’s Recipe and/or to buy it products visit the following links: