Frankies - a yummy scrumptious dish! The taste buds for this dish has increased many fold in recent times. Here, is a healthy version of this tasty dish - fit for health conscious, kids and everyone!
· All-purpose flour: 1 cup
· Chopped Capsicum (red, yellow, green): 1 cup
· Grated carrot: half cup
· Boiled and mashed potatoes: half cup
· Diced cucumber: as required
· Boiled and crushed Kidney beans: half cup
· Onion: 1
· Salt: as per taste
· Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
· Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
· Vinegar: 1 teaspoon
· Soya sauce : 1 teaspoon
· Tomato ketchup: 1 teaspoon
· Chilly sauce: 1 teaspoon
· Dried mango powder: 1 teaspoon
· Chaat masala: 1 teaspoon
· Garam masala: one teaspoon
· Oil: as required
· Lukewarm water: one cup
· Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
· Add 1 teaspoon oil and salt as per taste.
· With lukewarm water bind it into a soft dough and let it rest for atleast one houre.
· Heat oil in a saucepan.
· Add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
· Throw in chopped red capsicum, grated carrot, mashed potatoes, and crushed kidney beans (rajma), yellow capsicum (optional) diced cucumber (optional).
· Add salt as per taste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, pinch of garam masala and cook it on low flame for few minutes.
· After the spices have blended perfectly with ingredients, then add pinch of sour dried mango powder and chaat masala and turn off the flame.
· Cut the onion into rings.
· In a pan, heat one teaspoon oil.
· Add onion ring and let it get cooked/soft.
· Fill in one teaspoon of vinegar, tomato ketchup, green chilly ketchup and soya sauce.
· Keep it aside to cool.
· Take the dough and gently bind it again to get proper texture.
· Make small doughs out of it.
· Flatten the small dough into a thin circle like rotis.
· Heat another non stick pan.
· Put the flattened dough in pan and let get get cooked from one side.
· Once done, turn it upside down, while the other side is being cooked, add the ready filling at the center.
· Fold it from both sides, to give Frankie shape.
· Top it with onions and sauce.
· Serve hot!!!