Relishing Experience ~ The Launch of Dunkin Donuts in Ahmedabad

Finally, Ahmedabad gets to experience the yummy taste of Dunkin Donuts. No, I do not mean that we, Amdavadis have not had it before but Ahmedabad finally gets its own store!
Dunkin Donuts on the eve of their launch yesterday (13th December, 2014) had announced an offer – to provide free donuts for the entire year to the first 300 people. What more did Amdavadis need? The news was enough to stir excitement among us and many people flocked to their store in the early hours of morning. Pratik Khubchandani, Lawyer, foodie & one of the persons, who claimed this offer, says, “I found out about Dunkin Donuts via their Facebook page. More than the offer, I was excited to try this place at the earliest although the scheme did motivate me in waking up early. I waited for almost 2 hours. But the experience was fun, it was smooth and everything was properly organized. The quality was great judging by whatever I tried and so was the ambiance and service.”


The excitement to try it was at peak within every Amdavadi. However, some chose to enjoy it without standing in the queue. “When I heard that Dunkin was opening in Ahmedabad, I was excited to try the yummy sweet things out, but really never wanted to stand in the queue for that. So, I decided I would just go after the madness gets over. And so there I was at 3:30 and enjoyed the doughnut treat of Cookie Cartwheel and Chocolate Cake”, says Zoya Dalal, Primary Teacher at Army school, Cantonment area.

On the other hand, the sheer luxury to try something tasty as Dunkin Donut became an inspiration to visit the store. Hiral Kothari, 23, says, “I chose the pre-ready box of packed donuts. It was the first time that I was having some good donuts. Therefore, I was very excited. Because whenever I had Donuts from some local shops here, I really didn't like them. But these were super soft and so yesterday was the realization day for me that 'Yes I do love Donuts’ especially the chocolate flavored ones.”


Well that was not it! The buzz and the excitement on Facebook made many people walk in Dunkin Donuts store even at after the scheme was over. I was one of them. The continuous uploading of Dunkin Donuts pictures made my cravings so strong that after office, I headed to its store and bought myself some yummy Donuts. The whole madness of buying them and the sheer excitement amongst Amdavadis and their energy made the launch more fun and enjoyable. For now, the donuts were fresh, favorable, and yummy. Hoping that this continuous for future time to come. Dunkin Donuts Ahmedabad, are you listening? 

Comments