Day 1 – Hotel Grand View , Dinner Buffet

The journey to wonderful place, Dalhousie, finally turned to be worth one; given to the scenery, beauty and food spread around.

Sticking to food because it is a food blog, we had breakfast and dinner buffet included in our package. So, on day 1 we set out for our first dinner buffet to adjoining dining room. The lovely spread was combined with Karaoke night. The hotel promised to have something new every day, so on our first day, it was Karaoke and dinner.


Among the wide spread of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, I choose to have vegetarian food. I tasted Tahitian Soup, Crispy Noodles, and Corn chaat, Aloo Tikki, Pasta in white sauce, assorted bread, Vanila ice cream and fruit salad.  

Corn chaat had onion, tomatoes along with corn. It had perfect blend of spices and was a good and healthy start. The Aloo tikki was crisp and in perfect circle shape. The potatoes used in it were perfectly mashed and blended with balanced spices. The soup however, I found to be okay. It had nothing great in it, no different flavor and reminded me of hot and sour soup. Overall, the starters were good.


Tahilian Soup

Soup sticks and butter





























Moving to main course, I first tried crispy noodles, which were light fried, and as the name, goes were crispy. Something different, which I had never tried before. Next, I took Penne Pasta in White sauce, which had mild flavor of oregano and salt. The best thing was that it survived only on oregano. I really relished it with assorted bread and butter.


Corn Chaat, Aloo tikki and Crispy Noodles

Pasta & Assorted bread



















The desserts included Vanilla ice-cream with jelly sauce – this combination was deadly! The fruit salad did not satisfy me as I had thought. However, if I had to rate my buffet overall, then it would be 8/10.


Other items in buffet were: Salads, Paapd, Paneer sabzi, briyani, butter chicken, masala roti, cauliflower & Brinjal cut and fried, tuti-fruity ice cream, butterscotch ice – cream and gajar ka halwa. 

More Reviews coming soon on Dalhousie and its food. 

Share your journey/experience of food whether it is in a renowned restaurant or a roadside stall. E-mail me the details and I will blog it for you. Send in your experiences with photos at cuisinesbynikita@gmail.com@gmail.com having 'Journey of a foodie' in subject line.

-Nikita Dudani

Comments