Food Review: From The North

From The North is a new restaurant in Ahmedabad. As the name suggest, it is all about cuisine from North. Being a lover of desi and North Indian food, I recently visited this place. The first thing that stuck me was their décor – minimal yet classy. It was done in wood, keeping in mind the theme of the restaurant.


Coming to food, I had the following:




Starter & Soup:

Kukurmutta Shorba: A delightful Cream of Mushroom soup!



Samosa Chat: I love Samosa and I love chat and a combination of it was really enthralling. The samosas were perfectly stuffed. It was layered with different condiments, curd, and diced onions and tomatoes. The taste was really good.  What I liked about this dish was that Samosa weren’t too oily otherwise it could have ruined the taste. However, this delicacy maintained its name and taste.



Tandoori Mushroom: If you have been following my blog, you would know that I love mushrooms. This was like a cherry on top for me. The mushrooms were tender, not overcooked, and tasted lovely. They were lightly tossed, filled with yummlicious stuffing, and topped with tomato and bell pepper. Gobble it all up without guilt!


Dahi Ke Kebab: Delicate and luscious; you wouldn’t stop at one. I loved the light flavors that were put in without disturbing the authentic taste of curd.



Main Course:

Cheese Butter Masala:  Who doesn’t love CBM? This came in nice and rich tomato based gravy. The delicious pieces of cheese were graciously spread and mixed with the flavorful gravy. Loved it!



Paneer Kofta in White Gravy: Those who like their food spicy may not get acquainted to it easily. But, it was good in taste. The Paneer kofta were fried yet soft in taste. Combine it with some Masala Naan to enjoy it.


Lungar Wali Dal & Jeera Rice: Best combination! I loved the simplicity of the daal. It showed that how a simple yet thoughtfully prepared dish can be a winner.



Tandoori Tokri: It had pieces of Missi roti, Kulcha, Pudhina Naan, and Garlic Naan. The softness of roti’s is what I liked. They blended well with the sabzi’s, I had.



Desserts:

Kullad Kahwa: It isn’t technically a dessert but I liked the way in which this Kahwa was made. It helped in digesting the heavy and scrumptious meal, I had



Jalebi: Hot and crispy, the way I like it. A great way to end a great dinner.



Cost for Two: 800+Taxes

Ambiance: 4.5/5

Staff & Service: 5/5

Food: 4.5/5

Email me - cuisinesbynikita@gmail.com

Follow us at:

Twitter - @StrokesOfPen

Instagram - @StrokesOfPen

Zomato - Nikita Dudani


Facebook - Strokes Of Pen



From The North Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Tur Dal said…
Your food expedition is a discovery for us too. Thanks for sharing all the stuff that you always do.

Rentio Toor Dal
toor dal online
Rentio Tuwar Dal